Bilingual Care Coordinator
Temps plein • Kapuskasing Région
Bilingual Care Coordinator
Location: Kapuskasing, ON
Permanent Full Time
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a bilingual Care Coordinator for the Assisted Living and Adult Day programs.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective delivery of client services in accordance with Canadian Red Cross’ mission statement, established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, MOH Assisted Living Services for High Risk Seniors Policy 2011 (ALSHRS Policy), government guidelines, the Collective Agreement and the LHIN MSAA.
- Provides client-centred care coordination;
- Develops, revises, reviews and evaluates the integrated service/care plan in collaboration with the client, the caregiver and other members of the circle of care as identified by the client and acts as a client advocate and navigator;
- Provides supervisory support to Community Support Workers and actively engages the CSWs as key members of the circle of care;
- Conducts home visits to assess Community Support Worker performance according to established guidelines;
- Conducts at a minimum quarterly visits with the client.
The minimum qualifications for this position are specialized post secondary education and between 3-6 years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Current Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. Abilities, skills and assets include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of community health care, community programs/services.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Experience with care coordination or case management is an asset.
- Experience in human resources management is an asset.
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software application.
- Knowledge of the Client Information Management System software is an asset.
- Ability to work non-traditional and on-call hours if required.
- Bilingualism (French/ English) is mandatory.
- Experience with the InterRAI suite of tools is an asset.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
Duties are principally conducted in an office environment that is clean and comfortable, located at the Kapuskasing branch, as well as in client homes where conditions may vary. Hours of work are based on 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, occasional requirement to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends, often with short notice. Domestic travel within Kapuskasing and Hearst area is required. We offer a competitive salary.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.
To apply, please visit our website at: