Comp 19-08R - (2)Trainers/Mentor (non-union)
Temps plein • Kapuskasing Région
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: Trainer/Mentor (Non-Union)
LOCATION: Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full-Time – 35 Hours per week
CLOSING DATE: May 29, 2019, by 4:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Trainer is responsible for developing, coordinating and facilitating training on behalf of the Agency, which includes delivering Child Welfare training modules as mandated by the Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies and coordinating orientation, in-service training initiatives and field placements.
B.S.W. degree from an accredited university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of 5 years child welfare experience preferably within a First Nation community;
Comprehensive understanding of Child Welfare Functions from both a functional and technical perspective;
Knowledge and understanding of adult education principles and methods, group facilitation, consensus building and consultation; Previous experience in developing and delivering training programs;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sound planning, analyzing, organizing and decision-making skills;
Excellent technical skills,
Proficiency in using standard corporate software including Microsoft Office and spreadsheet and data base applications
· Plans, organizes and delivers new worker training modules as mandated by the Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies;
· Develops, implements and maintains the Agency’s training platform and training modules;
· Conducts Training Needs Assessments for the purposes of identifying training needs and developing the Agency’s annual training curriculum;
· Coordinates all training registrations and schedules and re-schedules training events;
· Collaborates with the senior management team in the development of an annual training calendar inclusive of orientation, mandatory training, in-service and external training initiatives;
· Reports on individual learning needs and performance gaps identified through the monitoring of annual performance appraisals; evaluates the efficacy of all training initiatives;
· Contributes towards the development of progressive Training and Development policies and procedures;
· Coordinates student placements on behalf of the Agency and liaises with schools and other agencies.
· Represents the agency on a variety of external committees and work groups in support of collaboration and partnerships;
· Participates in the OACAS Provincial Training Committee and local/regional training committees
We offer competitive benefits, compensation packages, OMERS pension plan and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
Attn: Human Resources, 38 Pine St N, Unit 120, Timmins, ON P4N 6K6
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.