Personal Support Worker
Temps plein • Kapuskasing Région
We are hiring! Nous embauchons!
We are looking to hire a regular Full-time and or Part-time team member!
Under the direction of the Director of Resident Care, the Personal Support Worker provides resident – focused personal care, within an interdisciplinary team consistent with the mission and values of North Centennial Manor.
· Personal Support Worker Certificate that included 600 hours of combined classroom and practical experience or
· A registered nurse or registered practical nurse who, in the opinion of the DOC, has adequate skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a PSW or
· Any employee who was working as a PSW on July 1 2011 and who had an equivalent of three years of full time experience as a PSW or
· A student enrolled in an educational program for registered nurses or registered practical nurses and who, in the opinion of the DOC, has adequate skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a PSW or
· A person enrolled in a PSW program and who is completing the practical experience requirements of the program, but must work under the supervision of a member of the registered nursing staff and an instructor from the program.
· Verbal and written communications in English & ability to communicate in French an asset
· Experience in Long Term Care an asset
· Ability to work well with others in a team approach and adapt to changing situations
· Physically capable of performing assigned duties within a flexible work schedule inside a 24 hours day, 7 days a week operation.
· Current WHMIS certification an asset
· Current First Aid/CPR certification an asset
· Computer skills an asset
1. Performs the responsibilities of the position in accordance with Bill 140 and all other employment laws and regulations associated with providing care in a Long Term Care facility.
2. Participates in all aspects of personal resident care to ensure the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of each resident/family are met under the direction of registered nursing staff.
3. Utilizes a therapeutic communication by establishing a working relationship with resident/families and coworkers for the purpose of meeting the resident’s needs ensuring respect, dignity, individuality of each resident and staff member.
4. Participates with other team members in formulating, delivering, reporting, recording and maintaining records of the daily resident care needs and personal preferences by:
o Attending and gathering pertinent data from report
o Following the established plan of care including restorative plans of care and notifying registered staff of any concerns associated with the plan of care
o Seeking direction from Registered Staff
o Observing residents for any changes and reporting immediately to the Registered Staff
o Assessing behaviors and activities of daily living and reporting in oral, digital and/or written form at designated times
o Reporting unusual events promptly and directly to Registered Staff
5. Delivers effective and efficient care under the direction of the Registered Staff that promotes resident/family choice and acknowledges the resident strengths, limitations as well as their need for safety and the safety of other resident/family and staff.
6. Participates in all aspects of Infection Prevention and Control by following established practices such as ensuring the labelling of personal care equipment, cleaning and disinfection of resident care equipment and restocking of infection control supplies.
7. Consistent with resident-focused care approach to meet resident needs and demonstrates initiative to:
o Assists with serving meals, cueing, feeding, providing nourishment supplements
o Assists with transporting and transferring resident as needed
o Responds to any resident in need regarding call bells, telephone ringing and assisting any employee in need of help
o Under the direction and training of Registered Staff applies treatment creams to residents
8. Ensures daily, the neatness and cleanliness of residents’ rooms, furniture, clothes closets, mobility devices, tub/washrooms, utility rooms, dining rooms.
9. Participates in assessments, care planning and care evaluations and documents accordingly.
10. Serves on committees related to resident care.
11. Participates in continuing education, relevant to LTC, to ensure skills and abilities are maintained and enhanced.
12. Participates in continuous quality improvement of the Home and associated care services by:
o Ongoing collection and documentation of CMI data
o Using supplies in a cost-efficient manner as per product/policy guidelines
o Offers suggestions to registered staff, DOC, administrator regarding resource allocation
o Participating in continuing education, relevant to LTC, to ensure skills and abilities are maintained and enhanced.
13. Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
**The successful applicant will be required to provide Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check. **
Personal Support Workers (PSW) under CUPE Local 1214
Salary $21.93/hr +13% in lieu of benefits
Nous cherchons à embaucher :
Préposés(es) aux services de soutien à la personne à temps partiel
Salaire $21.93/hr +13% au lieu de bénéfices
Looking to be certified as a Personal Support Worker?
Voulez-vous devenir certifié comme Préposés(es) aux services de soutien à la personne?
Please send your resume to:
Veuillez faire suivre votre curriculum vitae à :
Tel: (705) 335-6125 Ext: 221 Fax: (705) 337-1091
For more information about our Home, please visit our website: www.ncmanor.com
Pour de plus amples informations au sujet de notre Foyer, veuillez visiter notre site web www.ncmanor.com
Join our team. Do what you love. Joignez notre équipe. Faites ce que vous aimez.