Process Engineer/Ingénieur(e) de procédés
Temps plein • Kapuskasing Région
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
· Benchmark the newsprint process, recommending and supporting changes to optimize existing and future mill process to maximize the efficiency of newsprint manufacturing in order to reduce cost, improve productivity, and maintain competitive end-use performance.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines. · Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Maintain open communication to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities.
- Support compliance with collective agreements and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Reports to Manager – Environmental and Technical.
- Identify, recommend and initiate improvements to the process or operating procedures, which will enhance mill operations with respect to process safety, environmental impact, quality, production and cost.
- Optimize, define and implement set points for processes and statistical guidelines.
- Support operating departments’ activities and needs on a day-to-day basis, which may involve troubleshooting, data analysis, or special testing.
- Optimize current operating departments’ assets to achieve maximum productivity and quality, at the lowest cost possible.
- Support the implementation of process improvements leading to optimization of Newsmill manufacturing process.
- Provide technical guidance that supports manufacturing process design improvements (e.g. project development reports for capital expenditures).
- Maintain awareness of operating departments’ process conditions and drive changes that return productivity, quality and cost back to target if deviating.
- Provide recommendations related to current operating guidelines and introduction of new technology.
- Provide statistical analysis to support capital expenditures resulting in cost reduction or improved quality.
- Advise/recommend changes or opportunities to improve end-use performance.
- Provide rotating supervisory coverage on weekend for operating departments.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably chemical or environmental.
- Professional Association: Eligible for or a member of a Canadian Professional Engineers Association.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Bilingual: English and French (spoken and written) – preference will be given to English.