Temps partiel • Kapuskasing Région
Registered Nurses are invited to apply for the position of part-time Registered Nurse to work at our 61-bed long-term care facility located in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator/Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians' orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Eligible for or possesses a Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario, Bachelor of Nursing, preferred.
- Membership or eligible for membership with Ontario Association of Registered Nurses.
- CPR certification
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practicies
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential
CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2019
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Claudette Brouzes, Administrator/Director of Care
45 Ontario Street
Kapuskasing, Ontario P5N 2Y5
Fax: (705) 337-6051/Phone: (705) 335-8337