Registered Practical Nurse
Temps partiel • Kapuskasing Région
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Part-time no scheduled hours.
Candidates are invited to apply to the above position to work at our home Extendicare Kapuskasing, 61 bed long-term care facility, located in Kapuskasing, Ontario.,
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians' orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2019
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Claudette Brouzes, Administrator/Director of Care
45 Ontario Street
Kapuskasing, Ontario P5N 2Y5
Fax: (705) 337-6051/Phone: (705) 335-8337