Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Temps plein • Kapuskasing Région
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will perform duties which provide optimal individualized resident care, under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Act as a liaison (team leader) between the RN and other Nursing team members. Will be required to perform duties in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Practice, College of Nurses of Ontario, and Long Term Care Legislation.
- A Registered Practical Nurse with a current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Long Term Care Act, Substitute Decisions Act, - Healthcare Consent Act, Resident's Bill of Rights, Privacy / Personal Health Information Act and others
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with residents, team members, and families.
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Obtains informed consent prior to and throughout service provision
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources.
- Provides safe, competent, compassionate and ethical resident centered care to ensure the personal safety of all residents.
- Uses appropriate assessment tools and techniques in consultation with residents and the health care team to assess residents regarding physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, cognitive, developmental, environmental and social needs
- Possesses the interpersonal skills to enable effective and efficient approach techniques, to facilitate for building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement to identify actual and potential resident health care needs, strengths, capacities and goals.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries with residents and the Nursing as well as all other team members, including making the distinction between social interaction and therapeutic relationships.
- Participates in all training and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective care in all areas of practice through continuing personal training and development.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy in regards to resident records as well as related to resident interactions and plans in compliance with ParaMed’s policies and the standards applied by their regulatory body.
- Functions in a manner that is respectful and caring for all residents.
- Discharges client when goals have been achieved.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary grid $26.53-29.04/hr+13% in lieu of benefits
Grille salariele $26.53-29.04/hr+13% au lieu de bénéfices
Please send your resume to:
Veuillez faire suivre votre curriculum vitae à :
Tel: (705) 335-6125 Ext: 221 Fax: (705) 337-1091
For more information about our Home, please visit our website: www.ncmanor.com
Pour de plus amples informations au sujet de notre Foyer, veuillez visiter notre site web www.ncmanor.com
Join our team. Do what you love. Joignez notre équipe. Faites ce que vous aimez.