Temps plein • Kapuskasing Région
Maurice Welding Inc is seeking an experienced Welder fabricator to join our teams. We have a full-time position at our Hearst Facility. Benefit package and pension plan available.
- Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, tanks, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts, according to blueprints and knowledge of welding and metallurgy: Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools, and be designated Welder, Structural Repair.
- Operate specialized equipment and/or understand complex drawings and diagrams
- Perform welding duties using SMAW, GMAW or FCAW. Having GTAW (aluminum, stainless steel, carbon steel) experience would be considered a great asset and will have recognition.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to weld in various positions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience
- Valid drivers’ licence
- Must posses valid CWB ticket in SMAW, GMAW, FCAW GTAW (or be eligible to obtain).
- Availability for dayshift and on the occasional weekend as required
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, and Air Arc
- Must know welding symbols
- Basic math skills with ability to read tape measure
- Must know how to use temperature sticks and welding fillet gauges
- Ability to weld with flux core and metal core wire
- Must maintain good attendance and be punctual
- Willing to work the occasional weekend as required by the project
Those interested are asked to forward their curriculum vitae
538 HWY 11 E, Hearst, Ontario P0L 1N0